The advanced non-surgical treatment for treating under chin fat called Kybella has been popular across the globe. This is the only kind of treatment that is approved by the FDA to eliminate and treat submental fat beneath the chin. Hence, this injectable treatment for treating chin fat dragged the attention of a large number of people who were looking for an effective solution. If you are looking to reduce the double chin in a non-surgical and painless way, then reach out to Indulge Aesthetic medical spa.
Does Kybella Work?
Kybella works by using an ingredient that is naturally occurring substance in the body called deoxycholic acid, to target and eliminate fat cells under the skin, especially double chin issue. Many studies and experiments have shown that Kybella drastically reduces the amount of fat under the skin without damaging the surrounding tissues. It is approved by the FDA only for treating double chin issues and give a better appearance. The destroyed fat cells are later absorbed and naturally removed by the body’s mechanism. Kybella will not show the immediate result after the treatment but the fat reduction will happen gradually over time and observe tightness in the skin. It could also require multiple treatments for getting fruitful results. This is dependent on each person and will be supervised by therapists to achieve your goals. As this is a non-surgical method and does not involve any incisions, the Kybella procedure has very minimal downtime. A person can be back to his routine life without resting much for healing. This procedure is also used in other places of the body as an alternative to liposuctions and other fat removing procedures, but not approved by the FDA.
- Before beginning the procedure, it is crucial to discuss medical history with particular healthcare professional. This includes any medications, cosmetic procedures to face, chin and neck, if any bleeding or swallowing issues, etc. This is required to screen you for receiving the treatment.
- There is very little preparation required before the treatment. The face is washed thoroughly and any substances like acetaminophen or ibuprofen are removed as they can lead to bruises.
- The specialist will mark multiple sites in the target area and apply an ice pack or numbing agent. This is helpful to eliminate any kind of pain or discomfort during the procedure.
- A trained therapist will inject a synthetic form of deoxycholic acid to target the fat cells. It helps the body to naturally absorb and eliminate fat cells.
- Deoxycholic acid is present naturally in the human body to aid fat digestion by working within the digestive tract by killing the fat cell membrane.
- Similar way, injected deoxycholic acid beneath the double chin fat performs the same task. As the fat is dissolved, the body metabolism systems will excrete them naturally. This process takes some time after the treatment. Also, this result is permanent as there would be no new fat cells emerging in the area. But it is crucial to receive this treatment from a trained healthcare professional as there are chances of acid destroying other cells during the process.
The time required for treatment.
The time required for complete treatment is dependent on various factors such as the size of the target area, type of injector, and planned results. The average time required is only around 20 mins. Some individuals may require multiple treatments to meet the desired results. Healthcare experts will suggest the type of treatment after thorough research on your individual goals and skin conditions. There should be at least a gap of 1 month between every Kybella procedure and can receive a maximum of six treatments. There would be a temporary swelling in the treated area which will diminish in a few days. It will take some weeks to showcase exact results as the body requires time to naturally remove the dead cells. The Skin becomes tightened and the sagginess vanishes once the results start to appear.
Who are the best candidates to receive this treatment?
Double chin could be caused by several reasons like weight gain, genetics, or hormones. The ideal candidates to receive this Kybella treatment are the individuals with moderate to excess fat accumulations beneath the chin. But extra care must be taken and carefully observed for candidates with below conditions.
- Bleeding or swallowing difficulty.
- Pregnant or nursing women.
- Previous or planned facial surgeries.
- Any kind of infection near the target region.
Kybella is a rapid and painless procedure with established results across the globe. It is a solid option for people who don’t want to have surgical treatments and more downtime. This technique is combined with other advanced procedures like UI therapy and Botox for more wide-ranging results in eliminating sagging skin in the area.
Things to take care of:
Even though Kybella is a non-invasive and less risky procedure, there could be certain side effects like mild pain, bruising, swelling, and numbness in the treated area. But the downtime with the Kybella procedure is minimal in the majority of cases and downtime varies across every individual. The mild side effects will diminish in a one- or two-weeks period. A very handful of people have observed some serious concerns like an uneven smile, weakness of facial muscles, issue in swallowing, or jaw nerve injury. The appearance of such kind of discomforts must be treated immediately. Hence it is very important to receive this treatment via an experienced service provider who administers all the procedures proficiently.
Kybella can be customized to meet your specific requirements of different kinds of unwanted double-chin fat. It could be an annoying issue in many people and they could be worrying about other surgical procedures that are prone to longer resting periods with other larger risks. Kybella is the best non-invasive choice for eliminating double chin issue and combining with other modern procedures for reducing saggy skin problems. Regain your confidence and feel fresh with an effective Kybella procedure at Indulge Aesthetic.