Rosacea a Skin Treatment is an enduring, stirring skin ailment that generally develops on the face leading to redness and visible blood vessels. However, it can affect anyone, but most common in middle-aged women having fair skin. The condition is not researched entirely, and there is no cure available, but there are some ways to ease the symptoms like sensitive skin treatment and other treatments.
Symptoms of rosacea:
Redness in the face: It leads to a constant redness in the face with swelling of minor blood vessels on the nose and cheeks that are highly visible.
Red and swollen bumps: Individuals with this condition may develop pimples on the face. They may be like acne or cracks that are filled with pus leading to the hot and sensitive surface.
Swelling in the face: Extra fluid and proteins escape out of blood vessels and stimulate the lymph nodes. This fluid accumulation results in failure to drain the leak quickly, causing swelling in the facial region.
Complications in the Eye: There have reported issues in people about dryness, irritation, and swelling on eyes, eyelids called ocular rosacea. Many people experience these signs before skin indications.
Over-Sensitivity in facial skin: Facial skin becomes much sensitive to even minor touches or sunlight. People may neglect it for some time, thinking of it as sensitive skin issues, but eventually, get to know that it is due to blood vessel issues.
Blushing issue: There will be sudden blush in the facial skin that will continue for around 5 minutes spreading to even the neck and chest area. There are reported cases of hotness in the skin due to these episodes.
Enlarged nose (rhinophyma): This often happens in men where rosacea results in thickening of the skin on the nose leading to enlargement.
Swollen blood vessels (vascular rosacea): With the gradual increase in symptoms, blood vessels on the nose and cheeks become swollen (telangiectasia) looking like small spider webs.
Causes of rosacea:
There is no definitive research on the cause of rosacea. Below are the linked aspects that will cause the ailment:
Irregularities in facial blood vessels: There are high reports on issues in individuals with irregular blood vessels of the face leading to constant redness, visible blood vessels, and blush issues. But the reason for this irregularity in blood vessels is still unidentified.
Light skin color: A considerable portion of cases are reported among fair skin individuals when related to other people.
Microscopic mite (Demodex follicular): It is an inhabitant of the human skin which causes no harm. Rosacea patients possess a high number of mites when compared to others. But it is still unclear whether the skin condition is the reason for the overgrowth of these mites or vice versa.
H. Pylori bacteria: It is a gut bacterium that is the reason for the production of a small polypeptide (bradykinin) that causes the blood vessels to increase in size. This may lead to inflammation and fluid secretion from the vessels and cause the stimulation of skin ailment.
Family: Though it is not confirmed, patients reporting rosacea have a history of a similar condition in their family.
- Skin specialists will detect rosacea depending on the characters, such as blushing and redness in the facial skin. There are many instances where this skin ailment is not diagnosed as a significant portion of people will be unaware of their condition. They tend to neglect it as a skin sensation in the face and do not link it with any medical disorder. Some people face intermittent redness in the face that will not stay for longer.
- In some cases, doctors recommend a skin biopsy to diagnose the rosacea accurately. Skin doctors also recommend a non-invasive assessment termed skin scraping. This is done to exclude the condition from the rosacea. The skin infection may be due to Demodex that looks like rosacea and may be the underlying reason for the skin condition. Therefore, a skin culture will aid in eliminating other skin issues like herpes or staph. Blood tests are usually not recommended but may help in dismissing the reasons for blushing problems, lupus, some autoimmune diseases, etc.
Can rosacea be cured?
Rosacea may not be cured completely, but many other ways could aid in reducing the symptoms. They are:
- Ensure to safeguard your skin with the help of mild cleaners that are water-based and free from oil.
- Refrain from using products that consist of menthol, alcohol, exfoliating substance that will lead to an increase in the symptoms.
- Refrain from using alcohol
- Stop exposing the skin to direct sunlight
- Regularly getting sensitive skin treatment
A reliable aesthetic center will guide you in developing a treatment plan after knowing your skin and health condition. It will consist of a combination of diet, oral antibiotics, and creams. The doctors will also advise you on some other steps to follow, including:
Lasers treatment for reducing the effects of rosacea
Giving eye medicines for ocular rosacea
Thickening of skin especially on the nose reduced by microdermabrasion
Any person may develop rosacea condition. But more chances to develop this issue if:
- You have fair skin that is already affected due to sunlight
- Females have more chances than males.
- Above 30 years of age.
- If the condition is seen in the family.
- If you have smoking habits.
The skin will be sensitive and will worsen if you try to treat it yourself or any regular acne treatments. Ensure to take all precautions if you attempt any home remedies such as green tea or dilute vinegar that may prove to be effective.
There is no definite cure for rosacea, but you can surely control it with some care and regularly getting sensitive skin treatment. As every skin type is different, it will require doctors to find the best treatment for each person. It is the best way to reduce the effects of rosacea. At Indulge Aesthetics, we consist of trusted and experienced skin specialists who offer the best skincare and body contouring services. Along with advanced technologies, we offer the best service to clients, depending on their necessities.