What are PDO threads, you ask? A PDO thread lift is a radical way of procedure in the world of aesthetics. Still, PDO threads themselves have been utilized securely for decades for several purposes, like treating gynecological ailments or suturing slashes after medical procedures.
What is it that people are so engrossed about it? Well, it does these amazing things instantly:
- First of all, what PDO thread lift does is it automatically results in instantaneous skin lift.
- Second, it catches fat tissue to make immediate skin tightening happen.
- Thirdly, it boosts collagen production and neovascularization to revitalize your skin at the cellular level. All of this cooperates together to supply you with an enhanced skin feel, lesser fine lines and wrinkles, and extra elastic skin.
Polydioxanone or PDO thread lifts utilize a biodegradable polyester suture. They’re best befitted for reinvigorating your skin, while some more modern varieties of thread lifts are more practical at uplifting skin that sag.
PDO Thread Lift Origins
As we get more mature, our skins and tissues typically miss their elasticity. Aging drives our skin wrinkly and saggy. Rhytidectomy or facelift is a surgical process that lifts and tightens our facial muscles beneath the skin that shows results on our faces.
A facelift can include eliminating excess skin, smoothing out wrinkles, and congealing facial tissue. Although doctors can do it along with the facelift procedure, the process doesn’t have a brow or eye lift with it as a package because the facelift solely concentrates on the bottom two-thirds of the face and neck. A well-known purpose of people who get a facelift is to conceal indications of aging.
How is this unique from other facelifts?
PDO threads are one of three kinds of sutures that doctors commonly utilize in the thread lift process. The other two varieties came from polylactic acid (PLA) and polycaprolactone (PCA).
These are made from a transparent polyester that smashes down in your body after half of the year. The presence of these seams in your skin triggers cells in your body called fibroblasts to produce more collagen. Collagen provides your skin its formation and elasticity. Lack of collagen is one of the leading determinants of aging skin.
How long, then?
- Procedure – A thread lift is a procedure that employs a dissolvable suture to tighten and lift your skin. It’s a less-invasive procedure than facelift surgery and can often perform under 45 minutes without requiring to go under a scalpel.
Please be advised that if you want the procedure to remain as painful and could process under 45 minutes as possible, please, avoid the following:
- Alcohol and Tobacco use a minimum of 5 days before the procedure along with anything else that increases the risk of bleeding or bruising
- Advil and ibuprofen – nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) could pose life-threatening situations when taken during the PDO thread lift procedure.
- omega-3 fatty acids
- green tea or green tea extracts
Do not worry though because your provider will not let you proceed with the process red-handed. They should discuss with you all the necessary procedures and advice about all of what you will be going through.
- On Longevity – To prove that PDO thread lift is a sustainable answer for your facial rejuvenation issues, PDO shows its effects that last from up to 1 to 9 years long. More youthful ones who take PDO get results that last from 3 to 4 years. However, older ones with inadequate skin volume or elasticity direct to only see profits for only 1 to 2 years.
If you have lots of questions concerning its lasting properties, it has just been answered now.
- On Recovery – Healing from a PDO thread lift takes time because it is an invasive treatment. You may possess any inflammation and wound for the first 1-2 days, but you can immediately revert to most of your daily habits.
Patients who underwent PDO should refrain from rubbing their face as much as possible within the week after the process to counter accidental uprooting of the thread. Doctors advise patients to prevent pursing their lips, smoking, and drinking through a straw for the first several weeks.
For 1 to 2 weeks, you must be careful about moving much and going back to them, including strenuous exercise, sleeping on your side, and hitting saunas.
People remain to have several opinions regarding PDO thread lift concerning the invasive procedure it does to the face and body of patients. These considerations are understandable, but there are also considerable facts to be aware of, for thread lifts are proven to be one of the safest and cost-effective aesthetic treatments women and men alike can receive.
Not allowing yourself to be sympathetic to others who have undergone the surgery does not break them, it only breaks your views regarding PDO thread lift. Support other women who love to empower themselves by making themselves beautiful. Be encouraging and extra kind when these women step up and do the unimaginable possible. They are worthy of your recognition, too.
And for you, a brave man or woman who is also brave enough to step up and take courage to make yourself feel awesome and beautiful, there are several people in this industry who want to reach out to you and help you become beautiful again.
Indulge Aesthetics Medical Spa is the right place you should go to for all your aesthetic needs. They are the best Med-spa in Summerlin, Las Vegas. Ask people around and they’ll lead you to this trustworthy office welcoming everyone with a desire to make them beautiful and healthy.
Should you look for anything more than the best? I don’t think so! Grab this link and go to their website to choose from these modes of consultation: book a call for a phone consultation, schedule for an online/video consultation, or either an on-site consultation to personally view their clinic and even meet your aesthetic professionals. See you around the clinic!